Our accommodations experts shared the kinds of questions they’d ask if booking their own vacation rental in the Virgin Islands.
Here’s what they said:
1.When was the property last renovated. What was updated?
2. Are there screens and fans in all rooms?
3. Is there a working backup generator if the electricity goes out? (For villas and vacation homes) Can I turn it on or do I need to wait for maintenance to make a house call?
4. Is there major construction anticipated near the property during our stay? In the event there is, will you promptly relocate us without charge?
5.(For villas and vacation homes) Privacy: How close are the nearest neighbors? Can they hear our conversations? Can they see us?
6.(For villas and vacation homes) What is the condition of the road and driveway? Does the driveway have a turnaround or do I need to back in/out?
7. How often does the property get fumigated for bugs? What about pests?
8. Is there filtered drinking water?
9.(For villas and vacation homes) Does the refrigerator have an ice maker?
10. What is the internet speed? Is there a cell tower within range?
While there’s no such thing as booking a flawless vacation rental, armed with the right questions to ask before booking can make a huge difference in the kind of place you end up with.
You may not like some of the answers given but you always have a choice to adjust your expectations and your criteria or find something else that better suits your needs.
Your accommodations expert should be more than happy to help you find the best fit for you.
If you’re feeling uncertain, contact us. We can help! And maybe even get you a good deal.
Got some expert advice to share about booking accommodations in the Virgin Islands? Tell us what you know in the comments below!Tags:how to, travel advice, vacation rental