We all know that “sharing” works.
Here in the VI we rely heavily on our community to support the things we are passionate about. That’s why we spend so much time, effort and often money on sharing what we are doing with our online community.
“We’ll share yours, if you’ll share yours.”
Confused? Let us explain…
We built this web site as a hub for our community to share and exchange ideas, information, events, businesses and passion projects! We invite you to participate for FREE. All we ask in return is that you share your WTD-VI listings with your online communities in the ways you already do. Simple, yes. Here’s the best part, when you share your listings, we’ll share your listings too.
Because, it works best when we all share.
We take things like marketing and SEO seriously…we post, tweet, blog and advertise events, blogs and stories throughout our site and on social media platforms.
Here’s the exciting part, our community is growing and expanding every minute and that means there are more eyeballs (traffic) looking at our stuff and that means YOUR stuff! More eyeballs, means a bigger turn out for your event, promotion or opening day.
How much more successful would your passion projects be if your audience was bigger and more people knew about what you were doing?
This is the power of sharing and it’s easy. Just like we’re taught in kindergarten, when we all share, we all win!
Done deal – fair and share – no money, honey!
Share the LOVE by sharing your listing in one of the ways listed here.
Share your Business or Event Listing with Facebook friends and/or followers.
- 1. Go to your listing detail page on WhatToDo-VI.com and copy the URL from the address bar.
- 2. Go to your Facebook profile or page. Paste the URL into the empty status update box.
- 3. It SHOULD populate a nice-looking image and excerpt into the status box.
- 4. Go ahead and erase the URL. The image and link will stay put.
- 5. Type in a message asking your friends to click your link, leave a rating/review, and share on.
- 6. If the image doesn’t pop up, refresh your page. If it still doesn’t work, contact our help desk.
Ask friends in your island community to leave a rating and review on your WhatToDo-VI.com listing.
- 1. Choose at least 3 people/businesses/nonprofits/bands/other entity in your island network who you trust to write you a good review and could use some free exposure of their own.
- 2. Send our pre-written note telling them about WhatToDo-VI.com.
I just signed up for some web exposure on the new site WhatToDo-VI.com and I’m hoping you will take 60 seconds to rate my business and leave a comment.
The website is a start-up with a cool crowd-sourcing/social networking concept. You might be interested too.
They’re offering free advertising to people who share the site with their island community. Here’s the link to my ad (copy and paste the address from your listing detail page here.)
If you decide to purchase an advertising package, make sure to put my Affiliate ID: (INSERT AFFILIATE ID HERE) in the Referrer’s Affiliate ID field. We’ll both earn some cash.
Next happy hour is on me!
VI Business Babe
- 3. Or write your own. Remember to include a link to your listing!
Add a link to WhatToDo-VI.com to your website or email footer.
Share a post from our Facebook page or VI Insider blog with your Facebook friends and/or fans.
- 1. Check out our VI Insider blog or Facebook page.
- 2. Find a post that interests you or might interest your friends/customers/fans.
- 3. If it’s a Facebook page, Share it!
- 4. If it’s a blog, Copy and paste the url from the address bar into your empty Facebook status box.
- 5. Write a short (or long) personal message and hit post!
Write For Us. Share your priceless local knowledge with the world.
Are you a local Virgin Islands expert who can write without embarrassing yourself? (Or at least speak very clearly and slowly while we dictate what you say?)
We have TONS of details to add to our VI info pages!
And, well…since this is
Your People-Powered Guide to the Virgin Islands,
we were hoping that some of you would like to enlighten the uninformed and contribute your valuable Virgin Islands info to the bunch.
Interested? Get in touch.
The following are just a few of the topics we’re looking to have covered:
Guide to Transportation on St. Croix
Getting to the British Virgin Islands from St. Thomas & St. John (and back again)
Guide to Transportation in the British Virgin Islands
- Jost Van Dyke
- Virgin Gorda
- Boat Rental
- BVI to USVI
Have a different idea? Hey, we’re open to new stuff.
Drop us a line, and let us know what you have in mind.